Thursday, July 5, 2007

Item 22

As mentioned in one of my previous posts, I created links in my school's OPAC to all of Shakespeare's plays. The copies on our shelves were old and yucky looking. I also wanted to see if our students would use them at home. I used the MIT site, The Tech, since I felt the pages were easiest to read. I am a big fan of books on tape, but I don't know if I could sit in one position anchored to my desk and read a book on line. Since I don't have a laptop, I couldn't take it outside with me or to my favorite reading place, my bathtub. I had an opportunity to try a handheld reader which was OK but I would hesitate brining it in the tub with me. I liked how one could choose font size making it ideal for students with impaired vision. I'll have to try them again.

1 comment:

Joan Tracy said...

Putting books from Project Gutenberg into our catalog had not occurred to me. Thanks